This is to inform the General Public and all interested applicants that the management of AFE BABALOLA UNIVERSITY has officially announced the 2017/18 Admission Screening Exercise.
ADMISSION INTO ABUAD 2017/2018 UNDERGRADUATE, PRE-DEGREE AND
DEGREE FOUNDATION PROGRAMMES
DATE: Saturday, 8th July, 2017.
The following candidates are entitled to attend the screening exercise on Saturday, 8th of July 2017 by 10.00am.
(i) Candidates who have chosen ABUAD as first or second choice,
(ii) Candidates who did not choose ABUAD in the UTME and are seeking change of institution,
(iii) Direct Entry candidates, and
NOTE: International Candidates residence in Nigeria seeking admission into ABUAD are to attend the Screening Exercise physically while those outside the Country are to send their credentials to [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]
Candidates who scored below 180 national cut-off mark and are seeking admission into Pre-degree and Degree Foundation Programmes at Afe Babalola International Study Centre, Ibadan.
SCREENING REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
1. Applicants must bring to the Screening Centres, the following documents viz.
a. Print out of 2017 JAMB UTME Result Slip
b. Completed Bio-Data Application Form.
c. Copies of the Ordinary Level Result (If Available)
d. Original copy of Birth Certificate
e. Testimonial from last school attended.
f. Reference Letter from a well-known/reputable public figure to vouchsafe the candidate’s character of good conduct.
g. Two (2) Recent Passport Photographs
h. Evidence of payment (Bank tellers) for Centre Screening (The cost covers honoraria for centre facilitation, logistics for producing screening materials and security)
j. Completed Form for Change of University (for applicants changing to ABUAD)
2. Those seeking admission into 200 Level (Direct Entry) with minimum of 2 A/Level passes in relevant subjects or NCE/OND/HND in accredited courses listed in the JAMB Brochure except for Law, Medicine and Surgery.(Note: HND holders seeking conversion to degree shall undertake 2-3 years study depending on the course of study).
3. Direct Entry into Bachelor of Nursing Science (B.NSc – 4 years): Those who possess NRN/RM are eligible to apply.
4. Direct Entry into Medical Laboratory Science (B.MLS – 4 years) – Holders of B.Sc in Physiology, Biochemistry, Anatomy, MLT, HND in SLT with minimum of Second Class Lower are eligible and must possess Credit Pass in 5 O’Level relevant subjects.
NB: FOR AVOIDANCE OF DOUBT, THERE SHALL BE NO WRITTEN TEST OR EXAMINATION. (All candidates are advised to dress corporate and should arrive at the venue at least 30minutes before the exercise commences)
The designated screening centres for the applicants are:
1. MAIN CAMPUS: Afe Babalola University, Km. 8.5 Afe Babalola Way, P.M.B 5454, Ado-Ekiti, Ekiti State
2. ABUJA: Garki Secondary School, Area 10, Garki, Abuja
3. LAGOS: Afe Babalola Auditorium, University of Lagos, Akoka, Lagos
4. PORT HARCOURT: Port Harcourt Polytechnic, (formerly Rivers State College of Arts & Science), Rumuola Road, Port Harcourt
5. WARRI: Montessori International College, 66 Airport Road, Opposite Delta Career College, Warri
6. IBADAN: Afe Babalola International Study Centre, AB Plaza, Oshuntokun Avenue, Bodija, Ibadan
7. CALABAR: Government Technical College, Main Avenue, Calabar
8. ENUGU: Bishop Otubelu Juniorate Secondary School, Hill View, Trans Ekulu, Enugu
CANDIDATES WHO HAVE NOT PURCHASED APPLICATION FORM
Application forms shall be available at the screening centre for those who are willing to partake in the screening exercise on the day of the screening upon payment of the application fee of N10,500.00 or N13,000.00 as the case may be.
Please visit our website, www.abuad.edu.ng OR http://admissions.abuad.edu.ng for details of Courses Offered, Admission Screening Requirement and Criteria
CONTACT: Office of the Registrar, Afe Babalola University, Ado-Ekiti (ABUAD). Available Hotlines are: 08127772121, 08038521163, 08033509150, 08034402771.
For Pre-Degree and Degree Foundation Programme, Office of the Director – Dr A. O. Ajayi. Available Hotlines are: 08165747405, 08057606073, 08034231454, 08039499723 OR visit the website: www.abisc.org.ng OR send email to [email protected] or [email protected]
To checkmate the activities of fraudsters, applicants and parents are strongly advised to contact only the listed telephone numbers and/or visit the university’s website: www.abuad.edu.ng or the Afe Babalola International Study Centre website: www.abisc.org.ng directly.